Elijah: Fear of Self Meang: Star Count

Hear some Smaq

WordWorldWideOnline!

Damon Dash Speaks On Beanie Sigel Dissing Jay Z



http://www.smaqlounge.blogspot.com/

Damon Dash listed as one of hip hop's 10 Biggest Moguls, the co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records with Jay-Z Carter and Biggs Burke, branched out with several spin-off ventures into fields, notably hip-hop fashion and films (Roc-A-Fella Films and, Dash Films).
Damon Dash sold his interest in Roc-A-Fella to parent company Island Def Jam Records for $10 million, and founded the Dame Dash Music Group as a new venture with the senior record company.

Damon Dash Responds To Beanie Sigel’s Claims — Says He Doesn’t Want Beef With Him or Jay-Z

When Beanie Sigel decided to air out some of the dirty laundry of Roc-A-Fella Records' past -- in the midst of his beef with Jay-Z -- during a radio interview earlier this week. According to the Philly rapper, some of the label's heads didn't exactly have morally sound business practices.

During the interview, where he was accompanied by 50 Cent he revealed he might be signing with G-Unit, Beans responded to claims by Jay-Z who said he was given all the opportunities in the world to make money -- including a label and clothing line.

However, Beanie Sigel says that's not entirely true.

He claimed that while Jay-Z didn't exactly help him in furthering his career, he also said Damon Dash was cutting him outta deals behind the scenes, specifically money he should of received for the State Property clothing line and a Pro-Keds deal he helped broker.

"I had 20% of State Property Clothing. It was me, Jay, Dame, and the two other Russians that had the Rocawear, owned State Property," Beans explained during the radio interview. "... even on the clothing line ... the same reason why you and Dame broke up -- Jay-Z -- because he was taking all the money from Rocawear and putting it into all his other lil companies. He did the same thing to State Property."

Now Damon Dash has responded to Beans' claims, yet he refused to talk details, but made it clear, he doesn't have beef with Beans or Jay Z.

"I'm not teaching violence. No beef! None of that. I don't have beef with nobody," he told MTV. "I love Jay, I love Beans -- what's the reason for beef? That's stupid. What's the reason for beef? People die, people don't feel good -- I want people to laugh. What's up, y'all?"


"I was surprised. I was hurt for him, more or less, because I know that ain't him," Dash explained. "But I don't want to speak on that. Whatever [Beanie's] going through where he's got to do that ... I could understand where he may look at things and feel that way. I can see that. He's probably got a lot of people around him and nobody to really tell him what's going on. It was a different environment for Roc-A-Fella back then. I feel bad for those cats. I love those cats. I hate that they struggle. I hate it. I hate to see anybody struggle. I don't embrace that. I'm not one of those dudes that get happy when I hear something bad about somebody I had a bond with. I really loved those dudes. You see Ski down there, I knew Ski for 20 years. That's my man. Sometimes people have different agendas for why they don't wanna be my friend. But at the end of the day, I'm always there for them."


Going with the whole Beanie Sigel joining G-Unit indaba...hear this old Beanie Sigel Freestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter